Ukrainian Opposition Urges West to Impose Sanctions on Govt
Ukrainian opposition leaders have called for the West to give more support to help solve his country's political crisis.
As they arrived in Munich for the annual Security Conference, their message was that Europe and the US should go beyond vocal declarations of support for anti-government protesters in Ukraine – with measures that include sanctions.
“Sanctions are the perfect tool to convince the government to stick to the standards of democracy, not dictatorship,” said the Fatherland Party leader Arseniy Yatsenyuk, according to Euronews.
US Secretary of State John Kerry is expected to meet Yatsenyuk and other Ukrainian opposition leaders on Saturday.
Before arriving in Munich, Kerry said the concessions offered by Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich are not enough to resolve the crisis in the country.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Turkey will Block the Accession of Sweden and Finland to NATO
- » Lavrov: With the arrival of Scholz, Germany lost the last Signs of Independence
- » The Red Cross has accused Europe of "Double Standards" with Ukrainian Refugees
- » Colonel on Russia TV1: The Whole World is Against Us
- » Hungary is Not Giving In to the Oil Embargo Against Russia, Asks EU for up to €18 Billion
- » European Fashion Council with a Historic Contribution to the United Europe