Bulgaria Maintains Above-EU Average Unemployment
The unemployment rate in Bulgaria has reached 13.1% in December according to Eurostat, up from 13% in November.
In terms of the number of people out of work, the figure has climbed to 441,000 in December, from 437,000 the previous month.
The average unemployment rate in the EU for December is 10.7%, while in the Eurozone countries it is 12%. The total number of unemployed in the EU is 26.2 million people.
Alarming is also the fact that youth unemployment in Bulgaria has gone up to 29.4% in December, up 0.6% compared to November.
- » A Dog Caught Nearly 200 kg of Heroin at Kapitan Andreevo Border Checkpoint
- » The EU Grants BGN 111 Million to Replace Solid Fuel Stoves and Heaters in 21 Bulgarian Cities
- » Producers of the Famous Bulgarian Rose Protest Because of the Low Purchase Price
- » First Comments from Euroleaders at the EU-Western Balkans Summit
- » Virtual Reality – The future of European industry at WATIFY: Inspire to Transform
- » The best WATIFY Technological Transformation for 2018 is…