BBC: Tory Rebels Stand Firm over Immigration Plans
Some Conservative backbenchers could also vote against the government by backing a demand to reintroduce the working restrictions Romanians and Bulgarian, BBC reported.
The labor market restrictions were lifted at the start of the year.
A vote on this was originally due before Christmas, with some critics claiming it had been delayed to avoid a rebellion.
But support for this amendment to the bill is thought to be waning, with the focus shifting instead to the foreign criminal and human rights issue.
Some Conservative MPs fear the government amendments to the Immigration Bill could deprive them of the chance to debate proposals that could bring Britain into conflict with the European Court of Human Rights.
The rebel amendment enters the Commons on Thursday.
- » The EU Grants BGN 111 Million to Replace Solid Fuel Stoves and Heaters in 21 Bulgarian Cities
- » Producers of the Famous Bulgarian Rose Protest Because of the Low Purchase Price
- » First Comments from Euroleaders at the EU-Western Balkans Summit
- » Virtual Reality – The future of European industry at WATIFY: Inspire to Transform
- » The best WATIFY Technological Transformation for 2018 is…
- » Minister of EC Presidency Pavlova: We will Investigate the Spending of EU Funds