Bulgaria’s Socialist Leader Unfazed by No-Confidence Motion
The leader of the Bulgarian Socialist Party, Sergei Stanishev is not worried by the opposition's no-confidence vote in the area of national security.
The opposition center-right GERB party revealed that they are preparing a no-confidence motion against the Socialist-led government of PM Plamen Oresharski, to be submitted in mid-February. It will be based on failure to assure the national security.
"I am certain that this government has very strong and clear arguments for the job it has done in the area of national security. I have no worries about a political discussion on the matter", Stanishev told reporters.
According to Stanishev, one of the main achievements of the current government in this respect is reassuring the control over the use of special surveillance devices. Another key area is the refugee influx.
"Bulgaria found itself unprepared for the huge wave of refugees, since the previous government had totally neglected the risks. Everyone can see how we have resolved the issues from August and September, as a result of the good coordination", the socialist leader added.
The previous two no-confidence votes submitted by GERB last autumn did not pass.
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.
- » More than BGN 20 Million will be Invested for the Repair of 32 km of the Road Momchilgrad - Ivaylovgrad
- » The Bulgarian Social Minister Biser Petkov Resigned, PM Borisov Rejected the Resignation (Updated)
- » Trakia Highway is Closed in both Directions near Kameno because of a Fire
- » The Lyulin Highway Closes for Repair