Bulgarian Tourist Sector Sees Increase in Overnight Stays
Bulgaria is among the EU countries in which overnight stays in tourist accommodation has increased the most.
Bulgaria is in 5th place among the 28 member states with a hike of 6.2% in 2013, Eurostat data shows.
The highest relative increases were posted in Greece, Malta, Latvia and the UK.
The highest number of nights spent in tourist accommodation establishments in 2013 were recorded in France (405 M nights, plus 1.1% year-on-year),
The list is followed by Spain (387 M, +1.0%), Italy (363 M, -4.6%), Germany (355 M, +1.3%) and the UK (320 M, +6.5%). These five member states accounted for 70% of the total number of nights spent in tourist accommodation establishments in the EU.
For comparison, the number of nights in Bulgaria was 21.5 M. Of those, 14.3 M were by non-Bulgarian residents and 7.2 M by locals.
According to Eurostat, the total number of nights spent in tourist accommodation in the EU was record with 2.6 B.
- » Angelkova Expects 5% Growth in Foreign Tourists
- » 5% less Russian Tourists will Rest in Bulgaria this Year
- » The Beds in the 4- and 5-star Hotels in Bulgaria have Increased by 24% for the Period 2014-2017
- » MoT Angelkova: Establishments in Sunny Beach - South Meet the Requirements of the Law
- » Top 10 of the Cheapest All-inclusive Destinations. Among Them is Bulgaria
- » Where a holiday is cheaper in Greece or in Turkey?