Fresh Snow Stirs Havoc in Bulgaria
Heavy snowfall has left parts of Bulgaria without electricity on Wednesday and made some roads impassable.
A total of 4,446 clients of the CEZ Electric Distribution Company are without electricity, the company reported. Special units are working to eliminate the breakdowns in the region of Kyustendil.
In Burgas, Razgrad, Haskovo, and Shumen regions, 151 schools are closed down. Three school buses have been stuck Wednesday morning in villages near Shumen, but were pulled out.
Sections of the road connecting Dobrich and Silistra are closed, while visibility is down to 150-200 meters around Targovishte. The Shipka passage is closed for trucks above 10 tons.
The Varna port is not operating, due to strong winds.
Once again, northeastern Bulgaria is suffering the most from the harsh winter conditions, as was during the weekend, when the first snow fell.
- » The Rain Flooded Sofia
- » Three People Died after an Earthquake in Japan
- » An Earthquake of Magnitude 3.5 on the Richter is Registered in Belitsa
- » Hawaii's Kilauea Volcano Starts Raining Green Gems
- » Torrential Rains Caused Floods in Romania
- » The Ceiling of Terminal 1 at Sofia Airport is Leaking from the Rain and Floods in Sofia (Video)