Bulgarian Opposition Prepares No-Confidence Vote on National Security
Bulgaria's opposition center-right GERB party is preparing to submit a no-confidence vote against the government of Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski.
The motion, which will be submitted sometime in mid-February will be on the topic of national security, the daily Trud reports.
"The theme of the vote will be national security. I believe there have been major failures in that area, but the media has been trying to cover up the refugee issue recently", stated Boyko Borisov, leader of GERB and former Prime Minister.
"The refugees have not disappeared. They are still there, in the towns, in the mosques. Only now, there seems to be a command from above, not to write on the issue", added Borisov.
This will be the 3rd no-confidence vote against the current Socialist-led government, after the previous two failed.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: MRF Will Not Support GERB for New Constitution and Grand National Assembly
- » Bulgaria: Chairman of Information Services - 4 Months is the Delivery of Voting Machines
- » Upholding the independence of the Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office: National Meeting on Monday
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet