Bulgarian Thrown in Jail for Marriage Fraud in UK
A Bulgarian woman and her Pakistani partner have been imprisoned for trying to enter into a sham marriage in the UK.
Aneta Kaleeva, a 25-year-old Bulgarian of north east London, and the Pakistani national Arfat Hussain, 24 were arrested during their fake wedding ceremony in January 2013, British media reported.
A year later, in January 2014, the couple both admitted perjury charges during their trial and were sentenced to eight months in prison.
Hussain had been trying to gain leave to remain in the UK as the spouse of a European Economic Area national.
- » Convicted of Rape and Thefts Escaped from the Prison in Lovech
- » French Customs Officers Detained Cannabis for EUR 4 Million from a Bulgarian Truck
- » Shooting in Malmö, Five Injured
- » Two People Threatened a MP from the Bulgarian Socialist Party with a Gun
- » A Hungarian Court Sentenced Three Bulgarians for Human Trafficking
- » 8 Bulgarians Raped a 13-year-old Girl in Germany