Sofia University Provost: We May Sue the Occupiers
The Sofia University Provost, Prof. Ivan Ilchev says the university board is considering bringing claims against the occupiers of the rectorate building.
According to Ilchev, it is important that measures are taken against the possible recurrence of such acts.
"We were prepared for different scenarios. We applied pressure from various sources to bring this blockade to an end. Our colleagues who were against the occupation helped us extremely", Prof. Ilchev told the Bulgarian National Television.
The second occupation of the Sofia University in the span of 3 months was lifted on Tuesday morning.
The Provost assured students that their lectures and exams will proceed normally throughout the week.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 39 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Yellow Code for Strong Winds in Three Regions
- » Nearly 2,000 infected with COVID-19 in Romania
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot on the First Day of Autumn
- » Bulgaria: Helicopter Crash with One Dead
- » Today marks 115 Years since Bulgaria’s Independence