Sofia University Occupation Lifted
The occupation of the Sofia University has been lifted in the early hours of Tuesday, without any apparent use of force.
The university blockade, which started last Friday, was posing a serious threat to the upcoming exam session, and the Provost even threatened to call in the police in order to dissolve the occupation.
The university's schedule will run as planned from today, and there will be no need to extend the exam session, Prof. Ivan Ilchev, the Provost told TV7.
On Monday, tensions were running high in front of the university rectorate building, as scuffles broke out between supporters of the occupation and those demanding the right to study.
We remind you that this is a 2nd wave of university occupation, after students from a number of universities across the country took control of their buildings last October.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 39 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Yellow Code for Strong Winds in Three Regions
- » Nearly 2,000 infected with COVID-19 in Romania
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot on the First Day of Autumn
- » Bulgaria: Helicopter Crash with One Dead
- » Today marks 115 Years since Bulgaria’s Independence