Winter Storms Take Casualties in Bulgaria
The harsh winter weather, which gripped Bulgaria over the weekend, has taken its first casualties.
The body of a 77-year-old man from the village of Ruzhitsa, near Shumen, was found under a pile of snow on Monday morning. The man had walked out of his home on Sunday night, according to Vesti.bg.
Another man passed away in Silistra, as a result of intense frostbite. His identity is still unconfirmed.
The snowfall and freezing temperatures have affected most severely the northeastern part of Bulgaria, where roads and railways have been closed throughout the day.
Electricity has been restored in most villages where there were power cuts.
- » 750 Buses Block Sofia on 25 June
- » Three People Died after an Earthquake in Japan
- » One Person is Killed after Van Drives into Group of Pedestrians at Dutch Music Festival
- » 26-year-old Man Killed his Father with an Axe in Pleven
- » A Man Threatened a Guard in a Sofia Mall with a Knife (VIDEO)
- » An Earthquake of Magnitude 3.5 on the Richter is Registered in Belitsa