Varna-Dobrich Road Closed as Icy Conditions Grip Northeast Bulgaria
The road connecting Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Varna and Dobrich remains closed due to the heavy snowfall over the past days.
Drivers are advised to use the detour, through Albena, Balchik, and Kranevo, reports Darik radio.
The railway stretch between Dobrich and Kardam, near the Romanian border, also remains closed.
A number of villages in the northern Black Sea coast are without electricity or water. Some schools in the Dobrich region are temporarily closed.
Earlier on Monday, it was reported that the airports in Varna and Burgas have been closed.
Temperatures in Varna and Dobrich have fallen to -10 degrees, with heavy snowfall.
- » The Rain Flooded Sofia
- » Three People Died after an Earthquake in Japan
- » An Earthquake of Magnitude 3.5 on the Richter is Registered in Belitsa
- » Hawaii's Kilauea Volcano Starts Raining Green Gems
- » Torrential Rains Caused Floods in Romania
- » The Ceiling of Terminal 1 at Sofia Airport is Leaking from the Rain and Floods in Sofia (Video)