Wawrinka Snatches Australian Open from Nadal
Swiss tennis player Stanislas Wawrinka won the Australian Open final match against Spain's Rafael Nadal, winning his first grand slam trophy.
Nadal suffered a back injury during the game, even for some time in the second set giving the impression that he will give up.
However, he continued, winning the third set, after loosing the first two, but then had to loose again the fourth.
The final in Melbourne ended 6:3, 6:2, 3:6, 6:3 for Wawrinka.
The Swiss player will rise to number 3 in the ATP rankings, the highest position in his career this far.
This year's Australian Open saw a stellar performance by Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov, who had to lose a contested quarter final against Nadal.
- » World Cup 2018: Football Showpiece Set to Begin in Russia
- » USA, Canada and Mexico will Host 2026 World Cup
- » Russia’s World Cup Costs to Exceed $14Bln, Media Reports
- » Spain Fired its Coach a Day before the Start of the 2018 World Cup
- » Mirela Demireva made a Historic Jump in Stockholm
- » Ivet Lalova Won the 200m Race in Stockholm