Bulgaria's Justice Minister Boasts Record EU Funds Absorption Rate
Bulgarian Justice Minister Zinaida Zlatanova has suggested that the EU funds absorption achieved in 6 months was nearly equal to the amount absorbed in the past 6 years.
Zlatanova attended a meeting of Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski with mayors from the Veliko Tarnovo district nominated by the Bulgarian Socialist Party.
She claimed that the "great success" had been achieved largely thanks to the efforts of Bulgarian municipalities.
Zlatanova, as cited by the government's press office, suggested that the myth that the GERB government had been good at absorbing EU funds had been busted.
Prime Minister Plament Oresharski suggested that the government had managed to achieve a stabilization, reminding that it had inherited from its predecessors a country on the brink of functional and institutional breakdown with depleted fiscal reserves and huge debts of state-owned companies.
The Prime Minister emphasized that the socialist-led Cabinet was working to achieve a normalization of the business climate, adding that he was being told at meetings with entrepreneurs that people had grown to fear a return to power of center-right party GERB (Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria).
"This shadow of fear still obstructs the normalization of the business climate," he said.
Oresharski informed that the government would focus on the tasks of rebalancing the energy system, stabilizing the revenue and healthcare systems and achieving an economic recovery.
Bulgaria's Prime Minister claimed that the refugee wave had been brought under control against the backdrop of a commitment to humanism.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister thinks there was an Explosion on Board Prigozhin’s Plane
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov