EBRD to Help Bulgaria Launch Electronic Public Procurement
Bulgarian MPs ratified Friday a contract for assistance by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) for the launch of an electronic public procurement system.
The EBRD is to provide consultancy services to the Bulgarian government on the development and introduction of an e-procurement system.
Bulgaria's government endorsed the contract in end-2013, according to reports of investor.bg.
The EBRD will provide consultancy services to the Economy Ministry; it will examine and analyze good practices in the sphere of launching e-public procurement in EU Member States, and draft several versions of a concept paper on introducing the electronic procurement system in Bulgaria.
The EBRD is to also provide technical assistance in the implementation of the system.
The electronic public procurement system is to save time and resources for organizing and conducting public sector tenders, decrease the role of subjective factors, reduce the risk of error and corruption, and cut red tape.
- » An Increase of Bulgarians Who Travel Because of Tourism
- » Bulgaria Should Submit to Russia its Options for Belene NPP by the End of June
- » Mtel Becomes A1, It Will Offer Innovative Services to Our Market
- » Visits to Theaters Decreased with 3.2% in 2017
- » Dramatic Flood in Russia (VIDEO)
- » Steve Jobs' Special Strategy for Employee Interviews