Bulgarian MPs Fail To Reach Quorum, Opposition Calls Govt Resignation
Bulgaria's Parliament called it a day after MPs could not reach the quorum after midday recess, Wednesday.
On account of that, deputy chair of center-right Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria (GERB) Tsetska Tsacheva called for government resignation, Bulgarian BTV informed.
"The Parliament is heavily dependent on three parliamentary groups, therefore it is pointless to make any effort to reanimate it or to imitate activity," Tsacheva commented.
Deputy chair of formerly-ruling, opposition GERB insisted on "taking the fastest way to early elections which would be the best decision for Bulgaria both internationally and locally, considering the country's current isolation".
GERB may soon ask for another vote of non-confidence on the socialist-endorsed Cabinet of Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski, she warned.
Tsacheva pointed out that GERB is the responsible opposition and its place is in the plenary hall.
- » New Camel at the Sofia Zoo
- » Fire Rescue Operation Training was Carried out in Burgas Port
- » At 13 Hours and 7 Minutes Today in Bulgaria will be Astronomical Summer
- » The Green Parking Zone in Sofia will be Expanded from November 1
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.