Bulgaria Votes New Election Code
Bulgaria’s Parliament voted in favor of the new Election Code, proposed by the Socialist MP Maya Manolova, Thursday morning.
The code was passed on first reading with 110 deputies in favor, 74 against, and 8 abstained.
The lawmakers rejected the proposal of the opposition GERB party for amendments in the current Election Code.
The new Election Code envisions the introduction of preferential voting.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet
- » Protests in Bulgaria: 15th Day - Protesters Closed Ten Junctions in Sofia, Thrown Sunflower Seeds and Candy in Front of the Council of Ministers
- » Protests in Bulgaria: 14th Day in a Row Under the Motto "Let’s Block Sofia First and Then the State"
- » 13 Days Protests in Bulgaria: "We Are the Vote of No Confidence"