EU Commission to Issue Next Report on Bulgaria’s Progress in Year
The next European Commission report on Bulgaria's progress will be issued in about a year, the EU executive has decided on Wednesday morning, its spokesman confirmed.
“The European Commission felt that it was important to have this longer time frame,” Mark Gray, a spokesman for the European Commission, said at a press conference in Brussels on Wednesday.
The European Commission's monitoring report on Bulgaria, issued on Wednesday, covers for the first time a one-year period in which three governments have succeeded.
Normally the reports on the country's progress under the Cooperation and Verification Mechanism (CVM) cover a 6-month period.
According to the Commission this very often does not lead to good results as governments are tempted to go for shot-term actions, Mark Gray added.
- » The EU Grants BGN 111 Million to Replace Solid Fuel Stoves and Heaters in 21 Bulgarian Cities
- » Producers of the Famous Bulgarian Rose Protest Because of the Low Purchase Price
- » First Comments from Euroleaders at the EU-Western Balkans Summit
- » Virtual Reality – The future of European industry at WATIFY: Inspire to Transform
- » The best WATIFY Technological Transformation for 2018 is…
- » Minister of EC Presidency Pavlova: We will Investigate the Spending of EU Funds