Dangerous Chemicals Found in Bulgarian Polimeri Plant
Mercury compounds and potassium cyanide were found in Bulgaria's Polimeri Devnya plant laboratory.
The eco inspectors have given the plant management 10 days to remove the dangerous substances, according to Valentin Yordanov, mayor of Devnya.
Polimeri plant owner Nikolay Banev will have to release the installation and to sell the Dichloroethane in 10 days, as well.
The chemical plant which was declared bankrupt has been storing chemicals longer than the legal time limit.
Earlier in January, there was a case of Dichloroethane leakage in the Polimeri plant, which led to the declaration of partial state of alert which is still in force.
The aim is to manage the ecological disaster risks and to assure public safety.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » World Bee Day - Opportunity to Discuss the Challenges of Bee Preservation and Activities for their Survival
- » The European Court of Justice has Sued Bulgaria for its Air Quality
- » Earth Day 2022: Saving the Planet
- » Bulgaria’s Recovery and Sustainability Plan has been finally approved by Brussels
- » Orange Code for Stormy and Strong Winds in Bulgaria
- » Svilengrad on its Way to Becoming the First Bulgarian Zero Waste Certified City