Serbia-Kosovo Relations Key for EU-Accession, Says Commissioner Fuele
Belgrade will have to remain fully committed to normalizing relations with Pristina, outlined EU Enlargement Commissioner Stefan Fuele.
Fuele was present in Tuesday's meeting in Brussels, where Serbia's EU accession talks were officially given a start.
"Belgrade must continue to implement the Brussels Agreement and step up efforts aimed at reaching European standards, as well as carrying out reforms, particularly with respect to the rule of law", stated Fuele for the Tanjug agency.
The EU commissioner dismissed objections that the EU is placing more emphasis on the Kosovo issue than on internal reforms.
"On the contrary, internal reforms concerning the rule of law and establishing a market economy represent the essence of the accession talks", he added.
Fuele congratulated Serbia for the progress made so far, and called this a "historic day on the way to the EU".
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » North Macedonia PM Zoran Zaev on Official Visit to Brussels to Discuss EU Accession Process
- » Russian Ambassador: Our Relations with Bulgaria Are in Period of Diplomatic Opposition
- » US Top Diplomat on Official Visit to Kyiv, Pledges Unwavering Support to Ukraine
- » Biden Hopes to Meet Putin during His European Tour in June
- » Bulgaria Added to Russia’s List of “Unfriendly States”
- » US Supports Bulgaria