Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Reaches 1st Grand Slam Quarterfinal
Bulgaria's best tennis player Grigor Dimitrov has advanced to his first Grand Slam quarterfinal in his 14th attempt after beating Roberto Bautista Agut 6-3, 3-6, 6-2, 6-4 at the Australian Open on Monday.
He clinched the match by breaking Bautista Agut's serve for the fourth time.
Dimitrov, who beat No. 11 Milos Raonic in the third round, will next face either top-ranked Rafael Nadal or Kei Nishikori in the last eight on Wednesday.
The 22-year-old Bulgarian's breakthrough win came on the same day his girlfriend, Maria Sharapova, lost her fourth-round match to Dominika Cibulkova.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Posted in Social Networks a Message for the Most Special Person
- » Slavia Sofia Won the Bulgarian Cup after a 22-year Break
- » Huge Interest for the Final of the Bulgarian Football Cup Between Levski and Slavia
- » Grigor Dimitrov was Eliminated in Round 2 of the Masters in Madrid
- » Milos Raonic Will Compete With Grigor Dimitrov
- » Marseille to Face Atletico Madrid in Europa League Final