Moldovan Ship Detained in Bulgaria's Burgas Port
A ship sailing under Moldova's flag has been detained in the major Bulgarian Black Sea port of Burgas on grounds of breaching the international Maritime Labor Convention.
The news of the arrest, which occured on Thursday, was first reported by the Bulgarian National Radio Saturday.
Bulgaria's state Maritime Administration agency made the move after two sailors filed a complaint for unpaid wages.
"The vessel will be held until the owner pays out due wages, or until a court honors an appeal filed by him," said Capt Zhivko Kolev from the Maritime Administration.
The Bulgarian National Radio recalls that a ship from Georgia has been under arrest at Burgas Port for more than a year, again on grounds of overdue wages.
- » Ukraine and Bulgaria will Build an International Road
- » There is Bulgarian "Liquid Gold" in over 2.3 Million Expensive French Perfumes
- » Summer Getaway! Where It Is Worth To Spend the Weekends ?
- » Samsung Will Have to Pay Over Half Billion Dollars to Apple
- » Bulgaria will Produce Parts for Airplanes "Airbus"
- » An Increase of Bulgarians Who Travel Because of Tourism