Lightning Tears Off Jesus' Finger in Rio
The statue of Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro has sustained a broken finger from lightning that struck it, informed world agencies Saturday.
A heavy electric rainstorm raged over the major Brazilian city on Thursday, causing power cuts for many households.
The world famous Jesus statue, rising over a 700 m hill above Rio was damaged by another storm last December, when another finger was torn off.
The figure last underwent restoration in 2010, when work worth some USD 4 M repaired damages to the face and arms.
The local parish is expected to start new restoration work in February.
- » The Court Banned Trump from Blocking his Followers on Twitter
- » China Shrinks Customs Duties on Imported Cars
- » Mark Zuckerberg Hearing at the European Parliament Today (Live Stream)
- » There were no Injured Bulgarian Soldiers in a Missile Attack in Kandahar
- » The 16th Richest Countries in the World
- » The US-China Trade War Is Postponed