Left-Winger Sobotka Named New Czech PM
Czech President Milos Zeman appointed Friday Social Democrat leader Bohuslav Sobotka as the country‘s new Prime Minister.
"Dear Mr Sobotka, I congratulate you on becoming the Prime Minister of the Czech Republic," Zeman said at a ceremony in Prague, as cited by international media.
The move is set to end months of political crisis triggered by the previous centre-right government's collapse over a spying and bribery scandal in June.
Sobotka's government is expected to be sworn in by the end of January.
- » EU Looks to Screen Migrants in Africa to Stop Boatloads
- » Melania Trump Wears 'I Really don't Care do u?' Jacket on Migrant Visit
- » Russia and the UK are Running out of Beer because of the World Cup
- » The Bulgarian Presidency Drives the Debate on the Need to Further Promote Inclusive Education in Europe
- » Transparent and Predictable Working Conditions: Council Reaches General Approach
- » Eurogroup Statement on the Occasion of its 20th Anniversary