Bulgaria's Maritsa Iztok Mines Boasts Record Coal Output
Bulgaria's state-owned Maritsa Iztok Mines (Mini Maritsa Iztok EAD) reported record coal output in the period October-December 2013.
On Friday, an agreement was signed between the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) and the Maritsa Iztok Mines was signed, under which new excavators will be bought at the company.
Dragomir Stoynev, Minister of Economy and Energy, reminded Friday that the latest upgrade at the coal mining company dated back to 1992.
Stoynev, as cited by the 24 Hours Daily, boasted that the changes adopted since his first day in office had resulted in a record-high output for the period October-December 2013, which resulted in an overachievement of the 2013 target and a financial result of "BGN 3 M on the plus side, something which nobody believed in."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Storages in Europe are Filled with nearly 87% Natural Gas
- » "Bulgargaz" announces Tenders for the Supply of Liquefied Gas until 2034
- » Bulgaria is Giving Up on Long-Term Supplies from Gazprom
- » Bulgarian-Greek Gas Connection will be Operational from October 1
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister: We Received a Response from Gazprom
- » Bulgaria’s Energy Minister: We will be Fine even without Gazprom, Gas will be Cheaper by 10%