Bulgaria's Maritsa Iztok Mines Boasts Record Coal Output
Bulgaria's state-owned Maritsa Iztok Mines (Mini Maritsa Iztok EAD) reported record coal output in the period October-December 2013.
On Friday, an agreement was signed between the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) and the Maritsa Iztok Mines was signed, under which new excavators will be bought at the company.
Dragomir Stoynev, Minister of Economy and Energy, reminded Friday that the latest upgrade at the coal mining company dated back to 1992.
Stoynev, as cited by the 24 Hours Daily, boasted that the changes adopted since his first day in office had resulted in a record-high output for the period October-December 2013, which resulted in an overachievement of the 2013 target and a financial result of "BGN 3 M on the plus side, something which nobody believed in."
- » Protests "For" and "Against" Belene Nuclear Power Plant
- » The Bulgarian Socialist Party will Officially File a Request for Suspension of the CEZ Deal
- » Oil Prices Continue to Rise
- » The Bulgarian Cabinet said "Yes" to Restart the Nuclear Power Plant "Belene", China Wants to Invest
- » Bulgarian Minister of Energy: We will Bring the Belene NPP Report to Parliament within Days
- » The Future Gas Hub near Varna Became an Object of National Importance for Bulgaria