Bulgarian Sumo Wrestlers Grab Wins in Tokyo Tourney
Both professional Bulgarian sumo wrestlers in Japan's elite division won their matches from the 4th day of the January tournament in Tokyo.
Kaloyan Mahlyanov – Kotooshu beat Aminishiki with an "oshitaoshi" technique, to earn his 3rd win of the tournament. Kotooshu, who was demoted to the rank of Sekiwake in November, must score at least 10 wins in Tokyo in order to have any hopes of regaining his Ozeki rank.
The other Bulgarian, Daniel Ivanov – Aoiyama beat Shohozan to equal his record at 2-2. Aoiyama will face a tough opponent, Ozeki Kisenosato in Thursday's lineup.
Kotooshu, the tallest wrestler in the top division (202cm), will meet the shortest (168cm) Toyonoshima. Surprisingly, Toyonoshima has a positive balance in their overall matches (16-15)
The Grand Champion Hakuho remains undefeated after 4 rounds.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost to Novak Djokovic in Queens
- » World Cup 2018: Football Showpiece Set to Begin in Russia
- » USA, Canada and Mexico will Host 2026 World Cup
- » Russia’s World Cup Costs to Exceed $14Bln, Media Reports
- » Spain Fired its Coach a Day before the Start of the 2018 World Cup
- » Mirela Demireva made a Historic Jump in Stockholm