Hungary Agrees Grand Russian Nuclear Loan
Hungary agreed a EUR 10 B loan from Russia in a nuclear cooperation deal, signed on Tuesday in Moscow.
The 30-year loan will fund the expansion of Hungary's only nuclear power plant, Paks, where two new blocks will be built, reports Euronews.
"The construction of the new blocks will raise the energy independence of Hungary and will facilitate improvements in questions of energy security", Russian President Vladimir Putin stated, after meeting Hungary's Prime Minister Viktor Orban.
""Russia is our most important partner after the countries of the EU. We appreciate that development", commented Orban.
Hungary is already a part of the Russian Gazprom-led South Stream gas pipeline project, which is set to pass through Bulgaria, Serbia, Hungary, Greece, Slovenia, Austria and Croatia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The US has quietly given Ukraine the HARM Radar Hunters
- » Inflation in the Eurozone Hit a New Record
- » Day 176 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At least 6 Killed in Russian Bombing of Kharkiv
- » KFOR ready to Intervene in Case of Risk in Kosovo
- » Japan urges Young People to Drink More
- » At least 20 Dead, 40 Injured in Mosque Explosion in Kabul