Huge Police Presence in Sofia as MPs Return to Work
Bulgarian Parliament is guarded Wednesday by huge riot police force as the lawmakers return to work after a month-long winter holiday vacation.
The building in downtown Sofia is surrounded by heavy metal fences, while citizens gather for a protest rally against the Socialist-endorsed government of Prime Minister, Plamen Oresharski.
There is a huge number of riot police, armored vehicles, and ambulances.
Because policemen outnumber the demonstrators by far, people are joking that Bulgarian police are rallying in protest once again.
- » The Green Parking Zone in Sofia will be Expanded from November 1
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.
- » More than BGN 20 Million will be Invested for the Repair of 32 km of the Road Momchilgrad - Ivaylovgrad
- » The Bulgarian Social Minister Biser Petkov Resigned, PM Borisov Rejected the Resignation (Updated)
- » Trakia Highway is Closed in both Directions near Kameno because of a Fire