Bulgaria's GERB Party May Back Compulsory Voting
Supporters of center-right party GERB tend to back the adoption of compulsory voting, according to GERB MP and former Bulgarian Labor Minister Totyu Mladenov.
Mladenov, as cited by the BGNES news agency, suggested that only compulsory voting would make the elections fairer and would curb the practice of vote buying.
He made clear that the members of the parliamentary group of GERB (Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria) were of the same opinion, adding that the MPs would most likely vote in favor of the introduction of compulsory voting in the Election Code next week.
Speaking at a press conference in Vratsa, Mladenov said that unemployment was the biggest problem which the current socialist-led government was failing to address.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend