Police Reveal New Details in Vienna Car Explosion
The Austrian national Zlatko Novakovic who died in an explosion in Vienna on Sunday was a respected town councilor and owner of a shipping company.
Novakovic and the second victim of the blow up car, 57-year-old Waldemar W. were good friends, according to their acquaintances, reports BGNES.
The mystery remains of why and how the hand grenade held by the German exploded inside the Bulgarian-registered vehicle.
The police have also found 12 brand new 10 liter gas tanks in the trunk of the car.
Novakovic was an activist in the local branch of the Austrian Social Democratic Party. He was a good friend of the former Mayor of Salzburg Gabi Burgstaller who was involved in a huge affair for misuse of funds.
Novakovic owned a freight company and trucks which he leased to transport service companies. The owner of the unfortunate Bulgarian-registered BMW Georgi Stankov, was an employee of Novakovic and had leased him the vehicle.
Currently, the police are working on three versions. The first version is that Waldemar W. is the author of the attack, and he failed to get out of the car in time.
The second hypothesis is that Zlatko Novakovic has stood in the way of a criminal organization and was assassinated. It is also possible that both victims were involved in illegal activities.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: There is a Suspect for the Bomb Threats - Emails were sent to 102 Schools across the country
- » Bulgaria: Police Operation in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria: 25 Migrants were Detained near Simeonovgrad
- » Bulgaria: 8 Illegal Migrants and their Driver were Detained in Sofia
- » A Bulgarian Woman close to the "Crypto Queen" Ruja Ignatova was Extradited to the US
- » Bulgaria: 11 Detained after the Mass Brawl with Axes and Hoes in Kazanlak