Bulgarian Liberals to Okay Lifting of Notorious MP's Immunity
Bulgaria’s liberal Movement for Rights and Freedoms party has said it would most likely vote in favor of lifting ultranationalist MP Volen Siderov’s immunity from prosecution.
“If Volen Siderov does not give up his immunity voluntarily, MRF will likely vote in favor of lifting it,” key MRF lawmaker Yordan Tsonev told TV7 on Monday.
Tsonev said the predominantly ethnic Turkish party would announce its official decision on Tuesday.
Last week, Siderov verbally assaulted a French cultural attach? during a Sofia-Varna flight and later attacked a passenger and a police officer in a Varna airport shuttle bus, according to witnesses.
The incident prompted Chief Prosecutor, Sotir Tsatasarov, to ask the Parliament to lift his immunity as lawmaker.
Siderov’s extremist party Ataka (Attack) holds 23 seats in the Bulgarian parliament and has so-far provided key support for the minority government of the Bulgarian Socialist Party and MRF.
- » New Camel at the Sofia Zoo
- » Fire Rescue Operation Training was Carried out in Burgas Port
- » At 13 Hours and 7 Minutes Today in Bulgaria will be Astronomical Summer
- » The Green Parking Zone in Sofia will be Expanded from November 1
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.