Bulgaria's Top Diplomat Sends Condolences on Sharon's Death
Bulgaria's Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin has sent official condolences to Israeli counterpart, Avigdor Lieberman, on the death of former Prime Minister Ariel Sharon.
"One of the most prominent political leaders of Israel left us; a man who devoted all his strength for the good of his country. I would like to express my sympathy to the grief of the friendly people of Israel," the note says.
"I use this sad occasion to voice my desire to continue to enrich the excellent relations and cooperation between our two countries," Vigenin concludes.
Sharon died Saturday at the age of 85 of heart failure after eight years in a coma.
Sharon's coffin will be placed at a plaza in front of Israel's parliament, the Knesset, in Jerusalem on Sunday to allow the public to pay their respects for six hours, from noon (10:00 GMT) to 6 pm local time, the BBC reports.
A ceremony will be held there Monday morning, which is going to be attended by Israeli and international dignitaries. Vice-President Joe Biden will lead the US delegation and Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov is also expected to go.
A few hours later Sharon will be buried in a private ceremony at his farm - the Sycamore ranch -in the Negev desert, where his late wife Lily was laid to rest in 2000.
Israeli and world figures have paid tribute to a man who fought in four major wars before taking to the political stage.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Boyko Borissov Congratulated the Republic of North Macedonia on its Accession to NATO
- » U.S. Embassy Sofia and the America for Bulgaria Foundation Announce a Financial Gift Program To Support Bulgarians
- » The President Canceled his Visit to Germany because of the Coronavirus
- » The President Called on the Institutions to Keep Discipline via Good Organization, Clear Instructions and Actions in Compliance with Law
- » President Rumen Radev Discussed with Ambassador Dong Xiaojun Strengthening the International Cooperation against Coronavirus
- » Rumen Radev in Durres: Solidarity and Compassion in Hard Times are the Road to Achieving Sustainable Stability and Prosperity in the Balkans