'Keep Fighting', Pironkova's Motto When She Considered Quitting
Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova revealed that she had considered giving up on tennis in some of her toughest moments.
The 26-year old from Plovdiv won her first WTA major title on Friday in Sydney, despite having fallen to 107th place in the world rankings over the past year.
"I would be lying if I said it never crossed my mind, especially with the poor results last year", Pironkova responded to a question whether she had ever considered quitting the sport.
"I had to constantly tell myself: Ok, this is bad, but you must push on, look forward, and fight", she added in her post-match press conference.
Pironkova said she had been extremely nervous during the final against Kerber, but made an effort to focus on each shot, and not let her emotions show.
- » World Cup 2018: Football Showpiece Set to Begin in Russia
- » USA, Canada and Mexico will Host 2026 World Cup
- » Russia’s World Cup Costs to Exceed $14Bln, Media Reports
- » Spain Fired its Coach a Day before the Start of the 2018 World Cup
- » Mirela Demireva made a Historic Jump in Stockholm
- » Ivet Lalova Won the 200m Race in Stockholm