No Splitting of Bulgarian Energy Holding in Store - Min
Bulgarian Minister of Economy and Energy Dragomir Stoynev has denied media reports that the cabinet plans a splitting of the Bulgarian Energy Holding (BEH) into three separate companies.
According to Stoynev, there are no plans for instituting a separate Ministry of Energy, either.
"I want to clearly stress that as long as I am minister of economy and energy, the Bulgarian Energy Holding will not be closed down," said Stoynev at his first press conference for 2014.
"What is more - I intend to strengthen the role of the Holding in the efforts to balance Bulgaria's energy system," added he.
"BEH achieved a successful release of bonds. Investors from Europe and Asia approve of the Holding's structure," said the minister.
"The Ministry of Economy and Energy is a very large ministry, but at the present moment the cabinet has no plans of splitting it," further clarified Stoynev.
The minister added that he does not preclude such a move in the indefinite future, if need arises, but said that such a measure is not presently considered.
- » The Bulgarian Parliament's Decision: Restart of the Belene NPP Project
- » The Mayor of Bourgas: It is better to Make Electricity from Garbage instead of Burning it
- » Azerbaijani Gas will Reach Bulgaria in 2 Years
- » Production and Consumption of Electricity in Bulgaria are Decreasing
- » Protests "For" and "Against" Belene Nuclear Power Plant
- » The Bulgarian Socialist Party will Officially File a Request for Suspension of the CEZ Deal