Serbian Deputy PM Visits Kosovo Serbs, Praises Negotiations
Serbia's Deputy Prime Minister called for peaceful negotiations with Kosovo Albanians in order to resolve the issues between the two nations.
Aleksandar Vucic visited ethnic Serbs in Kosovo on Tuesday, for the Orthodox Christmas.
"I do not know what is better than talks and negotiations, no matter how difficult they may be, no matter how painful they may be for both of us", Vucic said after attending a Christmas day liturgy in the Serbian Orthodox monastery of Gracanica in Kosovo, reports Balkaninsight.
However, Vucic criticised a call by the Kosovo President, Atifete Jahjaga, for the EU law and order mission, EULEX, to withdraw from Kosovo.
He said EULEX needed to remain in Kosovo, to keep the peace and promote understanding between Serbs and Kosovo Albanians.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Fifty People Protested in front of the Bulgarian Embassy in Skopje
- » Foreign Minister: Joining the OECD is Bulgaria's most Serious Integration Effort after the EU and NATO
- » Russian Senator: Bulgaria should Freeze because it is an Unfriendly Country
- » Bulgaria Suspends Visas for Russians with Property in Bulgaria and for Tourists from Russia
- » Russia Expelled 14 Bulgarian Diplomats
- » The Russian Ambassador expressed Hope that things will Change in Bulgaria