Merkel Fractures Pelvis in Skiing Accident
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has fractured a bone in her pelvis in a cross-country skiing accident.
She also suffered severe bruising in the accident, in the Alpine Engadine region of eastern Switzerland.
Merkel will have to remain lying down as much as possible in the next three weeks and several visits will be cancelled, her spokesman Steffen Seibert has said, according to the BBC.
Seibert said the Chancellor would, however, continue working at home, and would also head Wednesday's Cabinet meeting.
"It goes without saying that as chancellor, she is capable of acting as well as communicating fully," Seibert said.
- » Bulgarian start-ups make CubeSats, Quantum Physics Experiment in Space
- » More than 100 Palestinians Wounded after another Day of Protests
- » Turkish Lira with a New Record Drop
- » The Court Banned Trump from Blocking his Followers on Twitter
- » China Shrinks Customs Duties on Imported Cars
- » Mark Zuckerberg Hearing at the European Parliament Today (Live Stream)