Bulgarian Volleyballers Qualify for World Championship
Bulgaria’s men’s national volleyball team qualified for the 2014 World Championship in Poland, despite losing their last match to the Czech Republic.
In Opava, the Bulgarians lost 2:3 (25:22, 18:25, 22:25, 25:18, 12:15) to the Czechs, but still made it through, since all they needed was to win a single set, which they managed to do in the beginning of the match.
After winning the first set, coach Camillo Placi took out some of his stars, including Tsvetan Sokolov, in order not to risk any injuries.
The tournament will take place between September 3 - 21 in Poland, with 24 teams participating.
- » World Cup 2018: Football Showpiece Set to Begin in Russia
- » USA, Canada and Mexico will Host 2026 World Cup
- » Russia’s World Cup Costs to Exceed $14Bln, Media Reports
- » Spain Fired its Coach a Day before the Start of the 2018 World Cup
- » Mirela Demireva made a Historic Jump in Stockholm
- » Ivet Lalova Won the 200m Race in Stockholm