Bulgaria’s Pironkova Defeats 22nd Ranked Cirstea
Bulgaria’s Tsvetana Pironkova defeated Romania’s Sorana Cirstea 6:4, 6:1 in the first round of the Apia International tennis tournament in Sydney.
After having to go through qualifying rounds, Pironkova proved she is regaining her form, beating an opponent ranked 85 places above her in just over an hour.
In the next round, the Bulgarian will face Varvara Lepchenko, an Uzbek-born competing for USA.
Pironkova has beaten Lepchenko 3 times in their 4 meetings so far.
- » World Cup 2018: Football Showpiece Set to Begin in Russia
- » USA, Canada and Mexico will Host 2026 World Cup
- » Russia’s World Cup Costs to Exceed $14Bln, Media Reports
- » Spain Fired its Coach a Day before the Start of the 2018 World Cup
- » Mirela Demireva made a Historic Jump in Stockholm
- » Ivet Lalova Won the 200m Race in Stockholm