Laid-off Staff of Bulgarian Burgas Shipyard Protest over Unpaid Wages
Over 60 workers made redundant by the Burgas shipyard staged a protest and a 15-minute road block on Sunday over unpaid salaries and compensations.
During the road block of the Ivan Vazov Street, near the city's railway station, only public busses were allowed to pass.
The protesters demanded that the new management of the company pay them the unpaid salaries and compensations, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio (BNR).
The Burgas shipyard owes around BGN 4000-5000 in unpaid salaries to a total of 150 redundant workers.
The laid-off workers have registered with the local labor office and each of them has initiated a lawsuit over the unpaid salaries and compensations.
At 8 am on Monday, protesters are to meet with the new executive director of the company, Deyan Marinov to learn about the plans of the new management.
- » There is Bulgarian "Liquid Gold" in over 2.3 Million Expensive French Perfumes
- » Summer Getaway! Where It Is Worth To Spend the Weekends ?
- » Samsung Will Have to Pay Over Half Billion Dollars to Apple
- » Bulgaria will Produce Parts for Airplanes "Airbus"
- » An Increase of Bulgarians Who Travel Because of Tourism
- » Bulgaria Should Submit to Russia its Options for Belene NPP by the End of June