Light Earthquake Registered in Southern Bulgaria
An earthquake with a magnitude of 2.9 points on the Richter scale has been registered in southwestern Bulgaria Sunday.
According to the European Seismology Center, the quake had an epicenter with a depth of 2 km. The epicenter is located 2 km east of the town of Gotse Delchev, 74 km southeast of the city of Blagoevgrad and 130 km south from the capital Sofia.
The tremor was registered at 6:51 am.
There are no reports of casualties or material damage.
- » Scientists have Revealed why Birds have no Teeth
- » Minister Neno Dimov: We have Made Significant Progress in Regards to Air Quality During the EU Presidency
- » How the Northeastern Bulgarian Town of Smyadovo Transforms into Modern Energy Efficient Settlement
- » Storm in Karnobat, Southeastern Bulgaria: Streets and Houses in Water!
- » A Spectacular Tornado Hit West Germany!
- » EU Suing France, UK and Germany over Air Pollution Levels