Bulgaria Ranked 8th in 'Top 10 Countries' List of 'Rough Guides'
Bulgaria is eighth in the 2014 edition of the "Top 10 Countries" ranking of British travel guidebook and reference publisher Rough Guides.
Bulgaria is described as an intriguing destination due to its fabulous beaches, weather, low prices, pretty historic towns and friendly people.
Rough Guides notes that Bulgaria's Black Sea resorts pull in the most visitors, adding that skiing, hiking and mountain biking are becoming increasingly popular, especially on the mountain massif of Vitosha outside Sofia, the Rhodope Mountains in the south and the towering granite peaks of the Rila.
"A sort of cheaper alternative to Croatia it is currently far less touristy," the UK publisher says.
Rough Guides also provides an eight-point list of "Things not to miss in Bulgaria" which includes the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral in Sofia, followed by the Rila Monastery, Plovdiv's old quarter, Mount Vitosha, the village of Koprivshtitsa, beach bars in Black Sea resorts, yoghurt, and birdwatching.
In the 2014 edition of the "Top 10 Countries" ranking, Bulgaria is preceded by Ethiopia, Madagascar, Brazil, Turkey, Georgia, Rwanda, and Japan while Macedonia and the Philippines rank 9th and 10th, respectively.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Greece: Ferry Line from Thessaloniki to the Sporades Starts Operating from 1 June
- » North Macedonia Waives Road Toll for Serbian Citizens for Summer Season
- » Italy to Reset Tourism by Mid-May to Rescue Sector Devastated by Pandemic
- » Greece Acknowledges Sputnik V Vaccine, Welcomes Russian Tourists
- » WHO Cautions against Vaccine Passports for International Travel
- » Hospitality Industry: Entry Visas for Russian Tourists Will Save Tourism Season in Bulgaria