MEP Urges Strong Response to Campaign against Bulgarians, Romanians
Bulgarian MEP Ivaylo Kalfin has insisted that the efforts to counteract the reinforcement of negative attitudes towards Bulgarians and Romanians must not stop.
In a Tuesday interview for the Bulgarian National Radio (BNR), the Bulgarian MEP from the Socialists&Democrats group argued that the negative campaign was triggered by political and pre-election motives.
Kalfin called for a strong reaction to the negative publicity, citing an "undeserved stain on all Bulgarian citizens," despite the fact that the pledges to adopt draconian measures could not possibly be fulfilled.
He emphasized that Bulgarians would face absolutely no restrictions to travel, study or get a job anywhere in Europe without needing special permits as of January 1, 2014.
Kalfin pointed out, however, that Bulgarians intending to leave the country to claim higher social benefits would face problems.
He advised Bulgarians abroad to contact the Bulgarian embassy in the respective country, or the local authorities, if they believed that their rights had been violated.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria