6 Degree Earthquake Shakes Turkey's Antalya
A powerful earthquake of magnitude estimated by local authorities at 6.1 on the Richter scale has been registered Saturday evening in major Turkish resort city of Antalya.
According to the data of the European Mediterranean Seismological Centre, the magnitude of the tremor was 5.9.
The earthquake occured around 5.22 pm local time near Antalya, located on Turkey's Mediterranean coast.
There are no reports of casualties and destruction, but the quake was felt in Cyprus and even Egypt.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Ticks Boom Across the Country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Thunderstorms in Many Places in the Country on July 5
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Summer Storms with Thunder and Hail, Sunny on the Black Sea
- » Weather Today: Rainy Over Western Bulgaria, on the SeaCoast - Perfect for the Beach
- » Weather in Bulgaria, July 2: Sunny and Warm, Temperatures Up to 35 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Temperatures Up to 36 Degrees on July 1