6 Degree Earthquake Shakes Turkey's Antalya
A powerful earthquake of magnitude estimated by local authorities at 6.1 on the Richter scale has been registered Saturday evening in major Turkish resort city of Antalya.
According to the data of the European Mediterranean Seismological Centre, the magnitude of the tremor was 5.9.
The earthquake occured around 5.22 pm local time near Antalya, located on Turkey's Mediterranean coast.
There are no reports of casualties and destruction, but the quake was felt in Cyprus and even Egypt.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Three Earthquakes Registered in Bulgaria Tonight
- » Yellow Code for Dangerous Cold Weather in Bulgaria
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Freezing Weekend
- » Bulgaria after Flood Disaster: Tons of Urban Waste Clog Rivers across the Country
- » Sozopol Beaches Badly Damaged by Pouring Rains and High Surf
- » Spanish Siberia: Unprecedented Winter Weather Torments Spain