UK Company Interested in Building Major Winter Resort in Bulgaria
Greek representatives of an international British company have held talks Saturday with southern Bulgarian city of Smolyan mayor Nikolay Melemov over the construction of a large skiing resort in the region.
This is the second meeting betweeh representatives of the unnamed company and Melemov, reports Bulgaria's Focus Information Agency
The discussed project involves expanding facilities at the Pamporovo winter resort and linking them to facilities in the planned Perelik resort.
This includes building new ski runs and lifts in the area, located in Bulgaria's Rhodope Mountains.
Smolyan mayor Melemov said that two options are being considered - one of joining Pamporovo and Perelik into one large resort, and the other, of developing the two areas as separate.
The business representatives stressed that due to the scale of the project, there are many further preliminary assessments to be carried out.
On his part, Melemov vowed that the Smolyan municipality will be a reliable partner to the project.
- » Angelkova Expects 5% Growth in Foreign Tourists
- » 5% less Russian Tourists will Rest in Bulgaria this Year
- » The Beds in the 4- and 5-star Hotels in Bulgaria have Increased by 24% for the Period 2014-2017
- » MoT Angelkova: Establishments in Sunny Beach - South Meet the Requirements of the Law
- » Top 10 of the Cheapest All-inclusive Destinations. Among Them is Bulgaria
- » Where a holiday is cheaper in Greece or in Turkey?