Poor Hiking Conditions Linger in Bulgaria's High Mountains
The conditions for hiking in Bulgaria's alpine mountains remain far from perfect Friday, informs the Bulgarian Mountain Rescue Service.
Weather in the high mountains is cloudy, with high winds, and precipitation of mixed rain and snow, said the service.
Temperatures for the day are expected between -2 and 4 degrees Centigrade. The snow cover remains scarce for the month of December.
But hikers are advised to be geared for winter trekking and to follow only winter routes, stressed the Mountain Rescue Service.
The snow cover on Bulgaria's central Stara Planina range is around 20 cm, with thicker cover on the Rila and Pirin Mountains.
A thin crust of ice has formed over the snow at many locations, rendering walking and skiing conditions difficult.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Balchik- Increasingly Popular Destination on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Holidays on Bulgaria’s Black Sea coast will be between 15 and 30% More Expensive this year
- » Bulgaria: 30% Growth in Bookings for Easter
- » The Third Direct Flight from Bulgaria to Seychelles Landed with 176 Passengers
- » The Number of Foreigners who Visited Bulgaria increased significantly in January
- » The Bulgarian Passport is Ranked 42nd in the World