Muslim Brotherhood Declared Terrorist Organization in Egypt
Egypt's government has declared the Muslim Broderhood, which has made a significan showing in recent elections, a terrorist organization.
The move gives authorities more power in their campaign against the movement, which is seen as pro-Islamist.
An Egyptian cabinet minister has already stated that everyone who participates in, finances or encourages the Brotherhood's activities will be prosecuted.
Former Egypt President Mohammed Morsi, who was deposed by the army in July, a Muslim Brotherhood member, was elected in mid-2012, at the first free presidential elections since the 2010 ousting of longtime leader Hosni Mubarak in 2011.
Since July, the Muslim Brotherhood has organized almost every day significant rallies for the return to power of Morsi.
Authorities, on their part, have accused the movement of the terror attacks that have been perpetrated in Egypt during the past weeks.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Covid-19: Italy Registered 100,000 Coronavirus Deaths as New Curbs Are Expected
- » Covid-19: Serbia Closes Shops, Bars and Restaurants After Sharp Increase of Cases
- » India Tightens Up its Border Patrols to Stop Arrivals from Myanmar
- » Myanmar Sees Deadliest Day of Protests with 38 People Killed
- » Italy Blocks Australian Shipment of 250,000 AstraZeneca Coronavirus Vaccines
- » US Capitol police Warn of Possible Plot to Breach Congress