Poor Hiking Conditions in Bulgaria's High Mountains
The conditions for hiking in Bulgaria's alpine mountains are far from perfect Thursday, informs the Bulgarian Mountain Rescue Service.
In spite of sunny weather in lowlands and the lack of significant snow cover, weather in the high mountains is cloudy, with high winds, said the service.
Temperatures for the day are expected between -2 and 4 degrees Centigrade.
But hikers are advised to be geared for winter trekking and to follow only winter routes, advised the service.
Snow cover on Bulgaria's central Stara Planina range is around 20 cm, with thicker cover on the Rila and Pirin Mountains.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Holidays on Bulgaria’s Black Sea coast will be between 15 and 30% More Expensive this year
- » Bulgaria: 30% Growth in Bookings for Easter
- » The Third Direct Flight from Bulgaria to Seychelles Landed with 176 Passengers
- » The Number of Foreigners who Visited Bulgaria increased significantly in January
- » The Bulgarian Passport is Ranked 42nd in the World
- » The Minister of Tourism: Boom in Bookings, almost No Vacancies in Bulgaria’s Winter Resorts