Three Turkish Ministers Resign amid Graft Probe
Turkish Environment Minister Erdogan Bayraktar was the third Minister to leave office on Wednesday.
Bayraktar is the third member of the Cabinet of Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan to step down due to the large-scale corruption scandal which shook the country.
In a Wednesday statement, Bayraktar called on the Prime Minister to follow his example.
He also made clear that he was also resigning his seat in Parliament.
Earlier on Wednesday, Interior Minister Muammer Guler and Economy Minister Zafer Caglayan resigned.
Bayraktar, Caglayan and Guler quit after their sons were taken into custody, according to the BBC News.
The three were among a total of 24 people arrested on bribery charges in a high-level corruption crackdown.
Prime Minister Erdogan has denounced the graft probe as a smear campaign against his government ahead of the local elections in March.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 581 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia blamed the US for the Nord Stream Explosion
- » Trump has been accused of Fraud on his way to the Top
- » At least 100 Killed, 150 injured as Fire broke out at a Wedding in Iraq
- » Roberta Metsola on Bulgaria’s Schengen membership: Expect a Positive Decision
- » UN Head warned of the Start of a New Nuclear Arms Race, calling it "Complete Madness”
- » The Dead after the Explosion in a Fuel Warehouse in Nagorno-Karabakh are 125 people