Bulgarian Orthodox Patriarch Calls for Peace on Christmas
Bulgarian Orthodox Patriarch Neofit held Wednesday his first solemn Christmas mass at the St Alexander Nevsky Cathedral in Sofia.
Neofit wished “peace and blessing” to all Bulgarian Orthodox Christians.
“The church is happy today: the Son of God has been born; the promise has been kept, we are not alone any longer, but God is with us,” the Patriarch said.
The solemn Christmas mass began at 9:30 am EET and continued for two hours, the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency informs. Several hundred people attended the event.
Neofit was elected Patriarch of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church by the Holy Synod's national church council on February 24, 2013.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 942 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » A 19-year-old Boy was Found Dead in the yard of the School in a Bulgarian Village
- » The Incidence of COVID-19 Worldwide increased in June for the First Time in half a year
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 183 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Pfizer: A New Wave of the Pandemic is Beginning
- » At least 3,000 Dead Dolphins in the Black Sea – Military Sonars Blind them